March 27, 2008

Track 32: My Dream Job

Today I got my second issue of NEED Magazine. For all you fellow do-gooders out there, NEED is published right here in Minneapolis, and their tagline is, "We are not out to save the world, but to tell the stories of those who are." If they don't have some kind of photography internship presently, you can bet I'm going to approach them about creating one when I'm at that point in my course work. I look at the list of contributors and visualize my picture and bio right there with the others. Listen to this guy's write-up: "Brown is currently self-employed as a freelance photographer in the field of human rights and social justice. His main goal is to educate and motivate the public to become involved in the issues that face us all, whether in our homes and communities or the planet earth, as our global community." Hello? Replace his name with mine, and there you have it. He inadvertently helped me define my goal.

Speaking of human rights and social justice, has anyone seen The Last King of Scotland? I'll be honest, I rented that movie partly because I have a huge crush on James McAvoy (the other, do-gooder part of me was actually really interested in the story of Idi Amin), but seeing him hang from the ceiling with huge hooks through his skin kind of dampened my amorous feelings. Temporarily, of course. He's still the best thing about Atonement.

1 comment:

Lt Greggles said...

i have a crush on forest whitaker....ok not really but hes a hell of an actor...