April 21, 2008

Track 39: Prom Night

The fourth (and final) Kirchgessner Prom was held this past Saturday. Senior Prom! And seriously, it was way more fun than my actual senior prom. We unanimously decided that proms are so much better when there's alcohol involved. And I wasn't even drinking.

I took my camera gear along for two reasons: to shoot a homework assignment, and to get some nice pictures for the Kirchgessners as a thank-you for holding the Event of the Year for the past four years. Not only do they bring friends and family together to have a good time, they raised around $44,000 for a scholarship in memory of Anne (almost twice their goal).

I was a little nervous at first, and it took me a while to get warmed up and shooting, but I think I got some good shots (enough for my homework assignment, at least). Here are a few of my favorites:

Debbie and Jake toast their awesome costumes

A little "slash and flash" action

Note the fantastic wigs in the foreground

About 10 seconds later, Steve fell on top of his dancing partner

More slash and flash. Probably my favorite shot of the night.



1 comment:

Amy said...

Awesome! You are too good at this:) Looks like a really fun night, what a great way to raise money.